Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tokyo Ringside talks to Satake and Masuno about Royal Ring apperances.

Japanese fighting sports publication, Tokyo Ringside, caught up with both Takafumi Satake and Kensuke Masuno about their upcoming Royal Ring appearances.

The article first talked to Takafumi Satake following the recent UnGravity show. When asked about how he felt about being finally given a shot to show off in a major promotion, he answered;
"Well of course I'm very grateful to Royal Ring for the opportunity to perform for more fans, but I never really looked at it like UnGravity wasn't a major promotion. I'm at home in UnGravity, and it's the only place I've ever worked. To me, UnGravity is a major promotion, both in my life and in my heart, and I wouldn't ever trade that for all the packed houses and bright lights of the big promotions." He was then questioned about his opponent, El Patron; "To be honest, I don't know a whole lot about him, I've been watching some footage of his matches from his time in the MexiPro Lucha Libre organization, and I'm definitely impressed with what I saw. I definitely think if he fights with that kind of flair and agility in Royal Ring that this will be an amazing showcase of everything that's special about jr. heavyweight wrestling."

Kensuke Masuno was caught at the T2 training facility, and only had time for one question before he had to get back to training. Tokyo Ringside asked him if he 'felt slighted by Royal Ring to only be offered a spot on a house show, reasoning that he is the champion of either the biggest or second biggest, depending on who you ask, promotion in Japan'. "Slighted? Of course not! Royal Ring is giving me a chance to team with a man that grew up idolizing (Taka Ichigawa), to face a man that I grew up simultaneously loving and fearing (Yoshi Hiromata), and my old arch rival (Kotaro Shinaga). I think this is a perfect way for myself, and T2 to break into Royal Ring, and I'm pushing for more co-operation between the two companies in the future." With that he had to get back to training.

It sounds like both Satake and Masuno are looking to impress the Royal Ring fans on Saturday night, and make this house show one of our biggest non-televised events of the year.

No comments: